• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal parental responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cdegonia002

What is the name of your state? Missouri.
My 16 year old daughter got into an altercation with someone and slit their tire.I just found out about it when i got a "notice of informal adjustment conference". My question is this we plan to go to the meeting admit her guilt and offer to make restitution.My question is this, as her parent can i be held responsible for this criminal act?I have never been in trouble with the law.Can they make me pay a fine and put me in jail?Any advice would really help,bless you.
cdegonia002

H

hexeliebe

as her parent can i be held responsible for this criminal act?
Welcome to parenting 101. The answer is YES.

I have never been in trouble with the law.Can they make me pay a fine and put me in jail?
Lots of things COULD happen but what will PROBABLY happen is that you will go to the heariing, have your Daughter admit her guilt and stupidity for such an act, offer restitution and then drive home, slap your daughter upside the head for being so stupid and then relax.

O.K. maybe not slap her upside the head, but at least a good sized 12 in her ass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">