• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legality removing firearms from residence of someone with ptsd

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

mil1776, the "preview" feature on this site is malfunctioning and sometimes deletes posts instead of posting them. I have no idea why.

You can try again to post your question by using the "edit post" function in your original post or by using the "reply to post" function - just don't preview your post prior to submitting it.

Please be sure to include the name of your state when re-posting. Thanks. :)

CdwJava

Trying to play mind-reader, I will assume you were asking about the legality of removing firearms from a home of someone with PTSD. The short answer (without knowing your state or details) is that simply being diagnosed with some sort of PTSD should NOT be sufficient grounds to seize firearms. However, if the person was involuntarily committed for a psychiatric evaluation, or voluntarily committed for such an evaluation for a period of time (law varies by state) then they could lose their right to possess or own firearms.

TigerD

cdw is right. But I would add that it also depends on who is doing the removing.

If you are still in the military, the commander can order them removed (post housing) or surrendered (off-post housing).

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">