• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter of Intent to Sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dustmeg

Criminal Tresp and Criminal Property Damage

we have a rental home and five acres property in georgia. recently my husband went down to check on things and was shocked. down one side of the property line and across the back had been cut for pulpwood. (we paid $5,000 an acre.) my husband had the police to go out and file a report. the property owners next door had hired a company to complete the job. they stated that they had given the logging company a copy of the plat of their land from the courthouse. obviously, the company didn't bother to have the land surveyed. they cut over 250 hardwoods which we have marked and photographed. the area cut was across two of the five acres. not to mention the damage they have done to the property in doing so. i am sending a letter of intent to sue to the property owners and the logging company involved. i want to word it correctly. would i be correct in saying that they are in violation of criminal trespassing and criminal damage to property? is three weeks from date of receipt of certified letter adequate time? Our property value will never be the same and the trees certainly cannot be replaced to their former state. we were told because of the maturity of the trees we could ask for a price per tree? the property owners were paid per acre for the wood which wasn't theirs. I have been told we should start out by asking them to settle on an amount? What is reasonable? i will appreciate any advice you can give me::confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">