• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

libel - criminal or civil?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

charra

What is the name of your state? pa
just wondering if anyone knows...if you want to sue for libel, defamation of character, what kind of court do you do it in?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

charra said:
What is the name of your state? pa
just wondering if anyone knows...if you want to sue for libel, defamation of character, what kind of court do you do it in?

My response:

You sue in a court that has "subject matter jurisdiction".

IAAL

C

charra

thanks- i posted another long message under litagation and asked if my situation was considered libel, but only got a rude response from someone who calls him/herself 'Jeter'.... Hopefully someone else will answer that one!:confused:

Jeter

Actually, my original answer wasn't rude at all. You seemed pretty much on the ball with this post, just a bit more unwound with your other post. Then after I gave you an answer, the drugs took you over. Sorry my original answer wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Last edited:
C

charra

SO you don't think accusing someone of being a drug user, especially when you're WRONG and don't know the person is RUDE? Are you here JUST to bother people? Don't answer that, it's obvious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">