• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

libel and slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

busyperson

A girlfriend of my married nephew (of whom I called to warn her he was married) has placed a harassment complaint and a restraining order against me in our local city. I have never spent time with this woman nor do I know where she lives. I called just that one time (to do her the favor) I want to know how valid is her complaint. Is it a misdemeanor or felony? Am I in any peril of prosecution? Will this affect any of my state licenses that I hold in Florida? I believe that a public report such as this can and would affect my standing in the community, thus also my profession and good name. Give me some options and orientation please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">