• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life in prison for bounced checks?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Linker33

What is the name of your state?CA

If bouncing a check can be considerd a felony. If 3 checks bounced at the same time, could you be looking at life in prison?

CdwJava

Linker33 said:

If bouncing a check can be considerd a felony. If 3 checks bounced at the same time, could you be looking at life in prison?
No. You aren't going to get life in prison in CA for intentionally bouncing 3 checks.

- Carl

Linker33

Thanks for your reply. In another post, I talked about overdrawing my bank account w/ I was 19. I did pay off that debt, but after reading on this forum, it got me thinking about it again, and I'm wondering now if there were any bounced checks in connection w/ that incident, that since I moved, were never brought to my attention. I have the money to pay anyone back that I might owe money to, for court fee's and whatnot.

I'm just starting to check into this, and I start thinking about 3 strikes, and such... and crazy thoughts, like I should leave the country. It sounds silly, but at the same time almost plausable. If I contact a lawyer to look into this for me, it's all confidential right?

Last edited:
Linker33 said:

I think three strikes you outta rule applies for those whom were convicted of two prior violent (I am talking about murders, RAPE, agg assault) felonies, then next felony of any type will get you in the slammer for life.

- Tom

ENASNI

Wait A Minute

Mom Is this you???
You are going DOWN!
I am making sure you get the chair!

How dare you bounce that last check to me...
Where are the yellow pages... some one get me my rolodex...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">