• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liquidation or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

veronicacd1

What is the name of your state? vermont

after working for a audio company for 5 years(liquidation department i quit in august 2003 . i just received (december2003) a letter saying that there are invoices dating of august 2003 that the price of the products were sold under cost,( the goods were deffective and i was charged to liquidate them).they say the goods were in perfect shape(my word against theres)

are they allowed to ask me questions , even if i dont work there(accusing me in the letter of fraud).should i explain myself to them or call a lawyer .

thank you for your time

veronica.

JETX

"are they allowed to ask me questions , even if i dont work there(accusing me in the letter of fraud)."
*** Of course they can ask you questions. It is your decision on whether you choose to answer them or not. You need to realize that if you refuse to answer their questions, it is likely that you would be asked them in a situation where it may no longer be optional (either by the police or in a lawsuit).

"should i explain myself to them or call a lawyer ."
*** Of course, that is your decision to make as to who and when to answer.

"thank you for your time"
*** You're welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">