• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Littering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Citizen Snips

I live in Louisiana...

I got a ticket for littering on may 25th

My court appearance is july 25th

I know I'm probably going to have to just pay some stupid fine or whatever.

The thing is...

I'll be attending college next semester and I had to buy books. This has left me just a little strapped for cash. I was wondering if there's anyway article I can plead to get out of paying anything. Or if there's anyway I can get an extention on the court appearance or postpone paying the fine.

Thanks in advance for the help!

ldkirby

"stupid fine"

Hmmm, ever think that "stupid fine" is a means of getting you to change your stupid behavior?

Everyone is strapped for cash. Most courts will ask if you can pay the entire fine that day. When you say no, they will usually set you up on a payment plan.

Citizen Snips

ldkirby said:
"stupid fine"

Hmmm, ever think that "stupid fine" is a means of getting you to change your stupid behavior?

Everyone is strapped for cash. Most courts will ask if you can pay the entire fine that day. When you say no, they will usually set you up on a payment plan.

Yeah, I have a total lack of respect for nature... You think it's dumb and it probably is... That doesn't mean I give a ****

so there's no way to get out of paying the fine?

eh... I guess the payment plan will have to do...

outonbail

Yeah, I have a total lack of respect for nature... You think it's dumb and it probably is... That doesn't mean I give a ****
Excellent attitude and fine way to display how proud you are of it. I'll bet the Judge will see things your way and dismiss all charges if you can use that same line and attitude while your addressing him.

It's probably worth a try, so I say go for it! At least that last part. It will probably go something like this, after the Judge lectures you on the ills of littering and asks you if you comprehend what he's saying, you should respond with, "That doesn't mean I give a ****!"

Just hold your own and show him who's boss, a little bad attitude can go a long way for you in court! So post back when you can and let us all know how it worked out for you.....

ldkirby

Citizen Snips said:

so there's no way to get out of paying the fine?

eh... I guess the payment plan will have to do...
My response had nothing at all to do with nature. Throwing your trash randomly on the ground is disgusting. It's like spitting on the sidewalk, just disgusting.

I agree with the above...tell the judge you don't give a s#$% and can't pay your fine. I bet he puts you on trash pick up along the highway....THEN you will see why it is disgusting to throw your trash on the ground.

Citizen Snips

ldkirby said:
My response had nothing at all to do with nature. Throwing your trash randomly on the ground is disgusting. It's like spitting on the sidewalk, just disgusting.

I agree with the above...tell the judge you don't give a s#$% and can't pay your fine. I bet he puts you on trash pick up along the highway....THEN you will see why it is disgusting to throw your trash on the ground.
'

hahahaha

ya'll are crazy....

I'm not going to talk to a judge like that. He'd hold me in contempt of court...

For the court, I'm going to wear a nice shirt, a tie, nice pants, and nice shoes.

I'm going to explain to the judge that I made a terrible mistake. And that littering is wrong that that I do not agree with it in anyway. Then I'm going to explain that I'm a college kid and I have expenses for that, and that is why I don't have any money.

I think if I play the role good enough, he'll either let me off with a small fine + court fees, or some type of community service.

Unless he's a dickhead.

In which case, then I'll tell him to **** off... :)

You people take the internet too seriously.

ldkirby

We take the internet too seriously?
WHAT???

Here a tip...if you think that at your age you are going to pull the wool over a judge's eyes you are sadly mistaken. They have heard and seen it all and can see your arrogant a## coming from a mile a way.

I have no idea how old you are, but I promise you are NOT smarter than the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">