• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Littering Ticket Received on Private Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JimWaddell

Virginia, City of Lexington -- My housemates and I received a littering ticket at 8 am the morning after we had a party. We have friends who live nearby who, the previous weekend, received a warning to clean their litter at 7 am. We were given no such warning. There were only a few cans scattered in the yard, and it was cleaned promptly after the officer left. The officer took a picture of the litter at 8:08 am, and we took a picture after we cleaned it at 8:14 am. In addition, the officer who issued the Uniform Summons spelled our street name incorrectly. Is there any chance that we can get this ticket dismissed?

moburkes

Virginia, City of Lexington -- My housemates and I received a littering ticket at 8 am the morning after we had a party. We have friends who live nearby who, the previous weekend, received a warning to clean their litter at 7 am. We were given no such warning. There were only a few cans scattered in the yard, and it was cleaned promptly after the officer left. The officer took a picture of the litter at 8:08 am, and we took a picture after we cleaned it at 8:14 am. In addition, the officer who issued the Uniform Summons spelled our street name incorrectly. Is there any chance that we can get this ticket dismissed?
Yes, if the ticket is not factual. A typo won't get the ticket dismissed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">