+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    sw99a1 Guest

    Loitering and prowling at night

    What is the name of your state? PA
    OWe live in a small township with a small township parttime police dept. Well me and my wife have lived here are whole life so thats about 27 years . We dont smoke at are home, so every night for the last year or two we go around the block and have a smoke or two. Well Last night we went for are smoke ride and on the the way home (these rides last about 3 to 4 min) I saw a big lite up pumkin, I wanted my wife to see it so I turned around at the gas staion in middle of are township (were are one and only traffice light is) as a drove by to show my wife this pumkin, wich is across the street from where my gradparents have lived for 50 years, next there is a cop up my butt, so at the first street about 1/8 mile away I make a left the cop turns too still up my ass major. I pull In a devolment to get him off my tail , he goes straight , I turn around as I am turning around he comes back down the road I just turned off well he sees I turned around he steps on the brake and pulls in a drive way, now I am pulling back out on the road , I can go right towards the cop and my house or left and go around the block again, well I went past the cop, at this point I just think he is being a pain, well as I drive buy this cop he pulls out and puts his lights on, so I pull over give him my licence and stuff. I ask him what I am pulled over for he said I was Loitering and prowling at night time.I said what I havent even stop my truck, he says I turn around in the gas staion which made me look suspicious , I said o.k. well I was showing my wife that lighted pumkin back there so you got to be kiddind, then he says no and he could wright me up for night prowling and avoiding him, he sees by my licence I live about 1/8 mile away, and I drove wright pass him so how was I avoiding him? well I said thats slilly and I cant belive I can get a ticket for driving around the block my house is on. so he say yes he can give me a ticket if he saw I am driving around the block 3 or 4 times (wich he is already full of it I went around one time , but I dont care if I go around 100 times) so I said again you cant ticket me for driving around my block he say want bet, well 5 min, later he comes back and says my tickets in the mail I said see ya in court and drove away. This is what our state law says for that crime:
    Whoever at night time maliciously loiters or maliciously prowls around a dwelling house or any other place used wholly or in part for living or dwelling purposes, belonging to or occupied by another, is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree. is driving down the road malicious/ and as soon as he saw I lived around the coner and I told him what I was doing should it have been droped? And if he though I was couseing a problem why didn't he ask me to get out of the car? We dont smoke at our house becouse my mom hates smoke, do I have to be told I am Loitering and prowling at night ? And why is the ticket being mailed?
    Last edited by sw99a1; 09-05-2004 at 07:48 PM.
  2. #2
    JETX is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Somnambulist University
    Posts
    40,807
    Quote Originally Posted by sw99a1
    do I have to be told I am Loitering and prowling at night ?
    Apparently so, as you probably wouldn't have known otherwise.

    And why is the ticket being mailed?
    Maybe because the citizens in that small hick town apparently received the same education 'benefit' you did and can't figure out how to tear the ticket from the book.... and have to go back to the station and cut it out, then mail it.
    Just curious... what grade of education did you complete and what is your occupation?

    PA Statutes:
    5506. Loitering and prowling at night time.
    Whoever at night time maliciously loiters or maliciously prowls around a dwelling house or any other place used wholly or in part for living or dwelling purposes, belonging to or occupied by another, is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.
    Last edited by JETX; 09-05-2004 at 08:08 PM.
  3. #3
    sw99a1 Guest
    Maybe because the citizens in that small hick town apparently received the same education 'benefit' you did and can't figure out how to tear the ticket from the book.... and have to go back to the station and cut it out, then mail it. LOL I like that that made me laugh,
    you know what I make a pretty good living programing motor Motor Controle drives and troubleshooting various electronic controls Other than placing some orders I dont type much at all, my wife is a English Major, so when it comes to that stuff she handels it. I have a spellchecker on my desk at work, but the customers I help are so happy thier running product and making money again. I havent had a comment on my spelling for allmost 7 years since I graduated trade school. I dont have one at home, so I guess I will go back to my one or two sentence replys. I used Google to spell the words I dint know on this reply, and probably missed a few, but Its wasnt worth the 5min, it took to wright this. I think I use the smiles pretty good so I will stick with them . I wondern if posting here was a wast of time, Thats sad you have to be so nasty, I realy dont know what else to say. Oh and my town was a hick town until them thier dam sewers came through are way I reckon about 15 years ago. Athe sad part is I make $10.25 more a hour than the cops here , I am sure my little $750 a week check before taxes would not be alot for you rich foulk, but it keeps my woman my kid and my one eyed dog happy? even can buy one of these neat cumputer contraptions . And a new pickup ever 4 or 5 years yep high on the hog if ya ask me
    Last edited by sw99a1; 09-05-2004 at 08:31 PM.
  4. #4
    JETX is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Somnambulist University
    Posts
    40,807
    Spelling errors are underlined... just for your edification.
    I have overlooked the grammar and punctuation errors.... I feel that education should be in small doses so as to not overtax the mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by sw99a1
    you know what I make a pretty good living programing motor Motor Controle drives and troubleshooting various electronic controls Other than placing some orders I dont type much at all, my wife is a English Major, so when it comes to that stuff she handels it. I have a spellchecker on my desk at work, but the customers I help are so happy thier running product and making money again. I havent had a comment on my spelling for allmost 7 years since I graduated trade school. I dont have one at home, so I guess I will go back to my one or two sentence replys. I used Google to spell the words I dint know on this reply, and probably missed a few, but Its wasnt worth the 5min, it took to wright this. I think I use the smiles pretty good so I will stick with them . I wondern if posting here was a wast of time, Thats sad you have to be so nasty, I realy dont know what else to say. Oh and my town was a hick town until them thier dam sewers came through are way I reckon about 15 years ago. Athe sad part is I make $10.25 more a hour than the cops here , I am sure my little $750 a week check before taxes would not be alot for you rich foulk, but it keeps my woman my kid and my one eyed dog happy? even can buy one of these neat cumputer contraptions . And a new pickup ever 4 or 5 years yep high on the hog if ya ask me
    Not too high to loiter and prowl at night though, huh??
  5. #5
    sw99a1 Guest
    See that's the funny thing... I wasn't prowling around, I was enjoying my pretty little wifes company on a ride around our block, but you don't want to start talking about that, that would mean you would be talking about why I posted here in first place, now thats no fun . Dazzle me with your intelligence (wife spelled that big word) some more please, please, pretty pretty please. Darn... Now you happy I was almost being sarcastic(she spelled that too) sorry..
    Last edited by sw99a1; 09-05-2004 at 10:45 PM.
  6. #6
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Catatonic State
    Posts
    81,916
    JETX, I would like to quote you the next time I go to court with "education should be in small doses so as to not overtax the mind".
    Last edited by HomeGuru; 09-06-2004 at 09:46 AM.
  7. #7
    JETX is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Somnambulist University
    Posts
    40,807
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGuru
    JETX, I would like to quote you the nest time I go to court with "education should be in small doses so as to not overtax the mind".
    And of course.... permission granted.
    However, I am thinking of registering it.
  8. #8
    rmet4nzkx is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    17,787
    Quote Originally Posted by sw99a1
    See that's the funny thing... I wasn't prowling around, I was enjoying my pretty little wifes company on a ride around our block, but you don't want to start talking about that, that would mean you would be talking about why I posted here in first place, now thats no fun . Dazzle me with your intelligence (wife spelled that big word) some more please, please, pretty pretty please. Darn... Now you happy I was almost being sarcastic(she spelled that too) sorry..
    It would be healthier to take a walk around the block with your wife rather than smoke or driving around trying to avoid the police. If your township is so small, surely the cop knew you and your family and that you had this routine etc.
    Lessons: Don't drink or smoke and drive.
  9. #9
    JETX is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Somnambulist University
    Posts
    40,807
    Quote Originally Posted by rmet4nzkx
    Lessons: Don't drink or smoke and drive.
    And the dictionary your parents bought you is NOT only for putting in the car seat so you can see over the dashboard!!

Similar Threads

  1. Loitering
    By amylee333 in forum Parking Tickets and Non-Moving Violations
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 12:05 PM
  2. Prowling vs. Disorderly Conduct
    By singlemom21 in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 05:54 AM
  3. prowling and peeping
    By langthang in forum Sentencing / Parole / Pardons / Plea Bargains
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 09:45 PM
  4. loietering and prowling?
    By batman1 in forum Arrests, Searches, Warrants & Procedure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 09:50 AM
  5. Loitering
    By Lou in forum Other Real Estate Law Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2000, 02:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.