• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looky What I Got In My E-Mail . . .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

If he only knew that my name is "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE", do you think he still would have sent this?

IAAL

----------------------------------------------------------------

My name is SENATOR IBRAHIM MANTU,the executive
Chairman
Pension funds committee in the senate of the federal
Republic Of Nigeria. I am writing you
to earnestly Solicit for your assistance in helping to
receive some sum of money. I got your
e-mail address on the Internet while searching for a
reliable and reputable person to handle
this transaction.

THE PROPOSITION:
We have the sum of US$9,000,000.00 (Nine Million
Dollars) that we intend to transfer
overseas through the assistance of a foreign partner.
This money came as a result of the
unclaimed pension funds over the years due to the over
invoiced claim put forward by my
committee but the pensioners have already been paid
for their claim. What is left is the over
invoice amount of US$9,000,000.00 which has been
deposited in a bank.

I have agreed to transfer the funds overseas for my
campaign funding, private use and for
investment purposes with your help. I am contacting
you therefore, to stand in as the
beneficiary to process this fund into your custody. I
will provide you with 20% for assisting us
and 5% for expenses.

The fund shall be transferred to you legally in
accordance to all laid down
procedures governing transfer of funds. I have
perfected all modalities for the
successful transfer of this money to you as the
beneficiary. Finally, I have to
reassure you that this transaction is risk free and
should be kept absolutely
confidential.

Presently, you can reach me by return mail, you should
also include your telephone,
fax and or cell phone numbers if any, for secured
communication between us.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

I await your response.

SENATOR IBRAHIM MANTU.

V

Va mess

not with a 90 foot pole

I would not touch that with a 90 ft pole.
LOL.

JETX

HAH!!
I must get a higher class of scammers... the last one I got was for $25,500,000.00 and was from a Minister in the government!!
Still waiting for the money to come flowing into my account.... Yeeehaw!!!

Souix

JETX you posted a really good scam website that I read thru the other day regarding these scam letters. IAAL, have you gone to quatloos.com and read the response to these scam letters from Brad Christensen? They are hilarious. I would love to see your replies to this one IAAL.

Last edited:

AmosMoses

IAAL,

I got that same damned thing at least three times over the last year or so. Do you think that they get anyone to answer that? It's scary to think that anyone would.

HomeGuru

Re: IAAL,

AmosMoses said:
I got that same damned thing at least three times over the last year or so. Do you think that they get anyone to answer that? It's scary to think that anyone would.

**A: yes, quite a few people have already got cleaned out.

JETX

I just love to read the information at Quatloos (http://www.quatloos.com/).
There are some incredibly skilled scammers out there who tell some even more incredible 'whoppers'...... and even more astounding is the (even MORE) incredible idiots who believe them.

And yes, hundreds have fallen for this 4-1-9 'advance fee' scam (can't really call it 'Nigerian', since it has spread to the Ivory Coast, Sierra Leon, etc.)..... to the tune of several million dollars... and some people have been killed when they traveled to Africa to 'claim' their money. Acccording to some reports, this scam is the third-largest industry in Nigeria!!!

H

hmmbrdzz

I got it too several weeks ago, and I reluctantly opened it. As soon as I saw "Republic of Nigeria", I hit "delete". Nice reading the entire thing here, though, and it's unbelievable (and pathetic) to know that people actually fall for this stuff and get killed going to get "their money".

hmmbrdzz

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
About three years ago my then-boss got sent that. At that time, it had become so widespread that there was a place on the FBI web site to report it. Boss wanted me to report it to the Better Business Bureau as well - don't know what he expected them to do about it.

Beth3

That particular scam has been going on for what, twenty years now? It used to come in on fax machines before the advent of e-mail.

Well, I guess some people must be falling for it or it would have died out by now. Greed knows no bounds for some folks.

Y

yomama

FBI

What is a Nigerian Letter or "419" Fraud?

Nigerian letter frauds combine the threat of impersonation fraud with a variation of an advance fee scheme in which a letter, mailed from Nigeria, offers the recipient the "opportunity" to share in a percentage of millions of dollars that the author, a self-proclaimed government official, is trying to transfer illegally out of Nigeria. The recipient is encouraged to send information to the author, such as blank letterhead stationary, bank name and account numbers and other identifying information using a facsimile number provided in the letter. Some of these letters have also been received via E-mail through the Internet. The scheme relies on convincing a willing victim, who has demonstrated a "propensity for larceny" by responding to the invitation, to send money to the author of the letter in Nigeria in several installments of increasing amounts for a variety of reasons.

Payment of taxes, bribes to government officials, and legal fees are often described in great detail with the promise that all expenses will be reimbursed as soon as the funds are spirited out of Nigeria. In actuality, the millions of dollars do not exist and the victim eventually ends up with nothing but loss. Once the victim stops sending money, the perpetrators have been known to use the personal information and checks that they received to impersonate the victim, draining bank accounts and credit card balances until the victim's assets are taken in their entirety. While such an invitation impresses most law-abiding citizens as a laughable hoax, millions of dollars in losses are caused by these schemes annually. Some victims have been lured to Nigeria, where they have been imprisoned against their will, in addition to losing large sums of money. The Nigerian government is not sympathetic to victims of these schemes, since the victim actually conspires to remove funds from Nigeria in a manner that is contrary to Nigerian law. The schemes themselves violate section 419 of the Nigerian criminal code, hence the label "419 fraud."

Some Tips to Avoid Nigerian Letter or "419" Fraud:

If you receive a letter from Nigeria asking you to send personal or banking information, do not reply in any manner. Send the letter to the U.S. Secret Service or the FBI.
If you know someone who is corresponding in one of these schemes, encourage that person to contact the FBI or the U.S. Secret Service as soon as possible.
Be skeptical of individuals representing themselves as Nigerian or foreign government officials asking for your help in placing large sums of money in overseas bank accounts.
Do not believe the promise of large sums of money for your cooperation.
Guard your account information carefully.

AmosMoses

It would be great to be rich enough to send them a little money here and there, and set yourself up to them as a naive pigeon ready for pluckin' (maybe tell 'em you just inherited a large sum from an old uncle and that you want to use it to reap gobs of Nigerian cash), who could come up with a valid reason to need the sender to meet with them here. It would probably take considerable time and money, but if you had both to throw away, it would be kind of fun.

Souix

AmosMoses said:
It would be great to be rich enough to send them a little money here and there, and set yourself up to them as a naive pigeon ready for pluckin' (maybe tell 'em you just inherited a large sum from an old uncle and that you want to use it to reap gobs of Nigerian cash), who could come up with a valid reason to need the sender to meet with them here. It would probably take considerable time and money, but if you had both to throw away, it would be kind of fun.

Amos if you haven't already done so, go to www.quatloos.com and read Brad Christiansen's reply to a Nigerian Letter 419 scam, it is so funny. It takes a couple hours to read though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">