• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost appeal papers/what is rule 31

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

t42b424t

In our California county jail the jailer remembers taking filled out appeal papers from my sons court appointed attorney the evening after his sentencing, she remembers my sign signing them and she remembers giving them back to the attorney(he was still there meeting with another client). The attorney says this is a lie and that he just dropped the appeal papers off and never saw them again. Although I'm sure it would be a lost cause trying to prove the attorney messed up I was talking to another person at the county and although he said he couldn't help me any further that we should look into rule 31, that my son could be in prison illegally. I haven't been able to find any rule 31 pertaining to this subject. Would someone in California that knows what this rule is please let me know ASAP! Thank you so much!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">