• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying to video tape my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gijenjen

What is the name of your state? New York

I took a lady into my home from a shelter. Ex boyfriend is a little weird. Long Supreme Court Case. During Supreme Court Case lady came to my home saying that she worked for a man who would be interested in purchasing my home. Gave me cell phone number, called her back for her to see my home, she came back with a video camera. No business card, weird. Had a feeling she was a private investigator after the fact. Found out she is. I'm pretty sure she was hired by ex boyfriend. Is it legal for her to lie to me to video tape my home?
gijenjen

stephenk

why do you think your home was videotaped for the ex-boyfriend?

if you allow her to videotape your home you are out of luck. you should have been more persistent in asking why she needed to videotape and/or provide more information on the guy she was working for.

G

gijenjen

The lady said she worked for Mike Tyler a man from London who does import business in New York. He was moving to Long Island and was looking for an older home with character. My home is not just a regular home. It is very nice, therefore I somewhat believed her. Why do I think the boyfriend hired her because when he called me to request some information he said "I know you have a very immaculate home. I know my baby is in a safe place. The only difference is that my home has dogs and yours has birds." I have birds in my home and find it very strange for him to know this.

G

gijenjen

one more question...sorry to bother you. She wants to return to my home to video tape the basement. Can I tell her she can come back and call the police when she shows up?

Beth3

"Can I tell her she can come back and call the police when she shows up?" And what do you think the police are going to do after they ascertain that you gave her permission to be in your home and videotape the inside??? They don't care whether she is who she says she is. They only care whether a crime has been committed.

Apparently you already know she isn't who she says she is. Don't let her back in your home. Why would you have even let a stranger inside your home to begin with without verifying their credentials. I don't mean to be insulting but you need to wise up.

P

Pfaffing85690

Also, what do you expect the police to do?

You invite this lady into your home then you want the police to 'do something'? Sorry, they won't get involved.

Do as Beth suggested. Wise up and tell the woman to "SUCK AIR".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">