• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mail Fraud and Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jshaikh

I was sued earlier this year for a computer I build for a friend of the family. That case has gone to small claims court and has gone through appeal. The outcome of the appeal was a small payment to the plaintiff. This payment was made to the court within the requested time, and I considered the case closed.

I have had to contact the individuals ISP and request that they take some action to stop the harrassing and vulgar emails that I was receiving from the individual. The emails stopped.

About this time I started receiving magazines and bills for magazines in the mail. I even received a package from a "stuff of the month club". I have continue to contact the publishing companies and inform them that I did not subscribe to their magazines. Apparently someone has been sending in subscription cards with my name and requesting to be "billed later". I have talked to the police department and written letters the post office. The magazine subscriptions continue. The subscription count is now over 25 and is starting to contain adult material.

A few of the magazine companies have responded by sending me copies of the subscription card. The handwritting on the cards is identical to the handwritting on the small claims fillings filed by the individual and all have been mailed close to his town. How do I stop this? Which authorities should I turn? Both the man I suspect and myself are residents of california.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">