• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mail Tampering?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phinocle

What is the name of your state? New York
I was charged with tampering with mail. I went to my old house and check to see if any of my mail was going there. I found a summons for my ex-wife hanging out of the mail box dated October 18, 2006. I did this at the end of January 2007. I gave it to her and she filed a complaint. The arresting officer did not read me my rights and said he didn't want a statement. Claims the date on the summons proves I intercepted with the mail. I called Mel Harris and associates of which the the saummons listed and they said it was hand delivered to the residence. Charge is class b misdeamor Penal 250.25

racer72

The arresting officer did not read me my rights and said he didn't want a statement.
Miranda is only required after the arrest and prior to questioning. You need an attorney, see on soon.

phinocle

Mail Tampering extended

I have audio from Mel harris associates that this was hand served to my old residence and not mailed. The arrest ticket claims that i did this on or after October 20, 2006. The summons is dated October 18, 2006. I gave it to her the end of January 2007.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">