• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maine - Class B Crime - Theft by deception

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

efrancin

Maine

In October 2006, I consigned 16 items to Cyr Auction Company, Gray Maine to be sold at the November 2006 auction. When Jim Cyr, the owner picked up the items, he indicated that after the items are sold, I would received payment in 45 business days.

I checked the Cyr website to see if my items appeared - only one item did. So I thought perhaps they would go in the December auction - again nothing. I then sent them an e-mail requesting status. The fine print on their Consignment Contract indicateds that there is a storage fee of 10% and a buy-back fee of 25% for items sold.

I called the office at the beginning of February 2006 again to find out the status and was told everything was sold, except one item but the woman who handled that wasn't in and he would tell her I called. Nothing. I called again at the of February and spoke to the woman again to get the status - I told her I wanted to pick up the unsold item - she said she would mail it again with the check to follow.

SOMETHING IS FISHY - I had several of the items appraised in 2006 and one of the items, a painting, was valued at $25,000 - without listing the others, safe to say in total, he has about $35,000 worth of my items - that apparently have been sold and I do not appear to be getting paid. I gave this items to him on good faith - his business practices are forcing me into the "fee" territory. I plan to go up to the office in person next week but what should I do if they (a) don't give me the one item back and (b) don't give me the commission - I did not do this as a business but as a consumer. I do not work (I've been working on a small start up and its a year out before I see any commercial gain - I don't qualify for free legal aid becuase my husband works, although his salary doesn't cover the bills so we've been drawing on savings to make up the differnce while I get this project off the ground. I'm angry that someone would do this!

Tomel

Cyr Auction

I am concerned having read this post. I went to the auction, got a print out of what was owed us and was told it would be 35 days, the payment is now 7 days late but everytime I call, the check will be taken care of that day. Finding this online concerns me. Was the matter resolved?:confused

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">