• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

malicious destruction of hotel property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

higgz67

What is the name of your state?
Massachusetts

hi everyone... i have a question

two nights ago i went to a hotel party, my girlfriend that is 19 years old put the hotel in her name and paid for it.. seeing as it was a going away party for a close friend of hers there was a lot of drinking... there were about 15 people there at the most only 2 of which were 21... at one point of the night after many drinks there were a handful of spills, and accidental cigarette burns... one on the wall (someone leaning against it, forgeting of there cigarette) and one on a nightstand (it fell out of an ash tray)... there was no real physical damage of someone delibrately trying to trash the place. just those accidents.. when we left the next morning yeah the place needed a lot of cleaning and there were the burns... but just this morning my girlfriend was called by the police we had to meet with the manager of the hotel and the police... and she was told that she would be charged with malicious destruction of property (because she signed for it)... i know the place was dirty but none of this was done intentionally and we are going to pay for damages... is this going to get dropped... the manager of the hotel seems pretty vindictive..

thanks

racer72

The hotel manager has the right of redress. It will probably be up to the district attorney if charges are brought up against your girlfriend. She needs an attorney asap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">