• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

malingering AWOL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suzann

what is the name of your state? oregon my son fell in love with a woman during air force tech school in Tx. her permanent assignment was Nev. and they tried to work out reassigment to no avail. he pretended sickness left class and base and got married hoping this would help them be together. he was caught and now faces AWOL and malingering charges. what are the chances of dishonourable discharge.

HomeGuru

suzann said:
what is the name of your state? oregon my son fell in love with a woman during air force tech school in Tx. her permanent assignment was Nev. and they tried to work out reassigment to no avail. he pretended sickness left class and base and got married hoping this would help them be together. he was caught and now faces AWOL and malingering charges. what are the chances of dishonourable discharge.
**A: very good.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

suzann said:
what are the chances of dishonourable discharge.

======================================

My response:

His chances range from "Very good" to "Excellent".

No one could ever blame him for being an idiot, right?

IAAL

JETX

Ahhhh, the power of a Texas woman against a defenseless Oregon boy!!!
Incredible isn't it??

S

suzann

thanks for the rely,I was hoping for something more positive. His intent was to get back on base before being caught. being male and 21 truly is a recipe for idiot, but he wants to save his military service. Is there any thing he can do? I spoke to his sergeant and he said my son resumed his normal schedule and his penalty won't be known for several weeks. Seems if they were going to discharge him he would have been put in "the brig"

H

hexeliebe

thanks for the rely,I was hoping for something more positive.
O.K. here is your more positive response.

With kids dying every day in Afghanistan and Iraq your son could have been charged with desertion in time or conflict, been found guilty, received a Dishonorable Discharge and 15 to life in Leavenworth. At max, he could have been facing a firing squad.

And an administrative discharge doesn't require jail time. Luckily, all he will be facing is AWOL and a dishonorable.

You better count any lucky stars you have lady, because he is technically a deserter.

L

loocpoc

First and foremost Malingering and being AWOL are 2 different completely different charges under the Uniform Code Of Military Justice. He can most likely either expect an Article 15 if his commander decides to be lenient or he can be sent to courts martial.

S

suzann

Dear loocpoc thankyou for your reply. He's been at the top 3rd of the class and really wants to serve, I'm praying for lenient.

L

loocpoc

Your son is an idiot for getting involved in one of those boot camp relationships. I also fell to it but was lucky enough that my ex was reasonable and determined that we both were young n dumb, so we had gotten an annulment.

If he has no other disciplinary records such as Letters of counseling or reprimand, then he will most likely get an Art. 15 with loss of pay grade (unless he is an Airman Basic) along with extra duty and restriction to base.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">