• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Man threatening my dog in apartment building

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sventrel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Oregon

I was getting on the elevator the other day with my dog, as a man was getting off with his dog. I have an Aussie, a herding dog, and they tend to bark a lot. My dog barked, probably for two reasons... 1) he wants to play because he has played with his dog before 2) he is excited. The man said "put your dog on a ****ing leash" and i replied im sorry he just barked they have played together before.. he isn't mean. the man then yelled "you know what i will slit your dogs ****ing throat"?

What the hell kind of comment was that? I understand he was frustrated, but i was honestly scared. For myself...
I know oregon has a leash law, and pretty much everywhere does, so i get that i was in the wrong... But is that ok for him to say something like that?

FlyingRon

So why don't you control your dog?
If you are aware of the law and responsible dog ownership, why do you not follow that?
Your dog "Wanting to play" doesn't justify allowing him to be out of control.
Other responsible dog owners have a right to be peeved by your dog's behavior and angry at yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">