• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana manufacturing, possession and distribution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yeahwedumb

About a week ago our me and my roomates got popped. The police found a little under 2 oz. of weed, lots of parephenalia, and a grow lab but nothing growing. There was also baggies and a hand-held scale so they probably have us for distribution too. None of us have any prior record, except one roomate has a upcoming court date for possession of 1/2 gram of weed. We're all pretty young, 18-21, and working our way through college. What sort of sentencing can we expect? Basically we're only worried about jail time. Anyone who's been in this situation or knows others who have please let us know? Is probation likely? We live in Maryland.

C

Colt

They ain't no telling. It all depends on what the judge thinks will cause you the most grief, how well he slept last night, wether he slept alone, and how much empty space the jail has. Probably just get a couple hundred dollar fine unless the DA is standing for election

S

Shawn

I am from MD and my fiance is currntly in prison for possesion with the intent to distribute cocaine. Although these are different substances I can speak to this from his experience. HE was given 10 years and this was his FIRST offense. His co-defendent got 10 years with 6 suspended.This was his 2nd offence and he got out last year and my guy is still in. I suggest that you spend good money and get a lawyer. If you go into court with a PD like my fiance did, you may get screwed. In my eyes there is no rhyme or reason to "our" judicial system. You are going to either pay alot of money or do some time in prison.

More to worry about

You stated you're only worried about jail time??? How about the possibility of having a drug conviction? That's going to preclude you from many jobs once you graduate college.:confused:

Antigone*

You stated you're only worried about jail time??? How about the possibility of having a drug conviction? That's going to preclude you from many jobs once you graduate college.:confused:
41tell ~ Did you happen to notice that this thread is 9 years old:eek:. An idiot spammer revived the thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">