• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is Massachusetts Court Information Public?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fburke

What is the name of your state MA

My Ex wife has a case against her for stealing over 25k from her employer. I have heard about this second had and am trying to get the details discreetly.

I would confront her but knowing her I would not get the whole story and I need to know what is going on and how this may affect our son if she were to get convicted and do jail time.

I’m not looking to start a hornets nest with her at this point…but I need to lay some ground work incase things do not go well for her. I need to look out for my 15 year old son we do have joint custody of him so if things were to go bad he would be coming to live with me..

However I wouldn’t put it past her to do everything in her power to keep this from me as long as possible ..even if she did wind up in jail. Her new husband is sneaky also and if he sees my child support ending he may try to intervene also.

Just wondering if there is anything I an do at this point or. just wait it out.

Thanks!

FlyingRon

You can usually find (or have someone else investigate) any arrests (which I presume you know happen) and active criminal cases. Depending on the court it may be available online, or it may be available if you go to the court house and inquire. This really will only tell you the charge and what the next scheduled court action is going to be. You might be able to get some details out of the DA if they feel inclined to talk to you.

Of course, the probability of conviction and the probability of jail time is not something you're likely to be able to determine without the assistance of her counsel who is probably predisposed against talking to you if she doesn't allow it. I'd watch the court schedule and have your own lawyer spring loaded to take care of things if she does get sentenced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">