• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Massage Parlor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cultb52

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

If one visited a parlor that was raided in 5/08, would there be arrests of customers from credit card receipts? It's been 1 yr and 3 mos.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

this is where you just keep your mouth shut.

I have not looked at the limitations to charge a person with any of the several crimes that could be considered but 1 year is a very common limitation is crimes of a lesser degree.

Regardless, even if you could still be charged, a credit card receipt itself is not enough evidence to prosecute a person. There would have to be some support that a crime actually took place.

I would simply relax and do not speak to anybody about this as they could be potential witnesses if you could be charged. If the police want to question you, hire an attorney to go with you so you do not implicate yourself where they have no proof of a crime.

cultb52

Thanks for the quick answer. That's one of my questions. Could they just charge me with solicitation with just a receipt? I assume the "evidence" would be testimony. Would I have to prove that nothing happened?

justalayman

well, does everybody that goes there have a happy ending or is it possible to receive an actual massage with no happy ending?

A person stating that you came in 15 months ago and got sex for money is not going to be very credible. Unless there is some supporting evidence, the hooker that got caught turning in possible johns is not what one would call an uninterested party. She would be turning people to get her charge reduced. Shouldn't have much problem bringing her statement into the "questionable" category.

cultb52

well, does everybody that goes there have a happy ending or is it possible to receive an actual massage with no happy ending?

A person stating that you came in 15 months ago and got sex for money is not going to be very credible. Unless there is some supporting evidence, the hooker that got caught turning in possible johns is not what one would call an uninterested party. She would be turning people to get her charge reduced. Shouldn't have much problem bringing her statement into the "questionable" category.
It is absolutely possible. My question is can they cite me based on simply pulling this businesses bank records/receipts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">