• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

May this be considered Cyberstalking ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asking

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pertaining to California/federal civil/criminal law

1.Aside from the emotional aspect of this matter, I would like to know if in terms of California/federal law I do I have a legitimate interest to interact with my relatives by blood ?
2. The contacts I am trying to have with them may be considered as harassment/(cyber)stalking ?
One of my bio-parents left us many years ago then remarried, having two other children (my half siblings who are now mature) they live in California, but me I am not in US. After extensive research I manage to find them and we even met each other except with my bio-parent new spouse.
On special occasions (birthday, Christmas, New Year) I am sending them an e-mail/e-card or even I call them for greetings. At a certain point they start to fabric unreasonable reasons to disconnect me from them being told that I got “too close to their family”; since then, they do not reply to my e-mails/e-cards but some of them read the e-cards as I get the e-confirmation for that; The phone calls I am making are very cold on their side and even was told by the new spouse not to call anymore although I’ve never said/made anything bad against them, because that is my truly intention: not to harm them. The new spouse even sent me a very unpleasant e-mail accusing me to be “dishonest, disrespectful and even threatening”. Except spouse, they are relatives by blood and I am looking for all the ways to re-conciliate with them, but the main reason look to be no-communication.
Again, my questions:
1.Aside from the emotional aspect of this matter, I would like to know if in terms of California/federal criminal/civil law I do I have a legitimate interest to interact with my relatives by blood ?
2. The contacts I am trying to have with them may be considered as harassment/(cyber)stalking ?
Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

1.Aside from the emotional aspect of this matter, I would like to know if in terms of California/federal criminal/civil law I do I have a legitimate interest to interact with my relatives by blood ?
If by "interest" you mean "right" then no. They are not obligated to have contact with you just because you are related to them.

If they've told you to stop calling, stop calling. Holiday cards with the usual pleasantries though is not harassment. They may come around someday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">