• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Megans Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TMC4

:confused: What is the name of your state?PENNSYLVANIA
I HAVE RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THERE IS A CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER NEXT DOOR.HE HAS LIVED HERE FOR NINE MONTHS.HE IS A STRANGE AND NASTY INDIVIDUAL.HE HAS THIS ODD STARING PROBLEM WITH SOME OF THE KIDS AROUND HERE.SO I TOOK IT UPON MYSELF TO CHECK IF HE WAS A CHILD MOLESTER AND I FOUND OUT THAT HE WAS CONVICTED IN 1998 FOR A 3126-INDECENT ASSAULT.I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN LET MY NEIGHBORHOOD KNOW WITH A FLYER WITH HIS PICTURE ON IT? WE LIVE ACROSS THE STREET FROM A CHURCH AND SCHOOL AND THERE ARE SO MANY KIDS AROUND HERE.COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I AM LEGALLY ALLOWED TO DO?

dgingrich

I also live in PA. I think (but not sure) that if he is a "violent predator" that the local cops would have to notify the neighborhood, schools, etc. If he is not a "violent predator" (of course, that means NOTHING to me where my kids are concerned) than they don't have to notify anyone. Contact you local police dept and question them. If you get no where with that, than call the PA State Police, Megan's Law Dept, and ask them. They can only give out so much info because we know how important it is to protect the perverts over protecting the children.

Shay-Pari'e

PinkMonkey said:
How is he able to live that close to a school where children are?
Because legally they can. Do yourself a favor and search engine "Megans Law". Put in your location, and you will find all of them within a mile of your home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">