• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Megan's Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Farallone

Here's my situation. I've been a regular member of an online chatroom for 19 years. I have developed friendships and relationships through it. Lately two members have come in and are posting that I'm on Megan's List. Which absolutely is not true, never have been. The member that originated the post admits he's spreading the rumor. Both members continue to post that I'm on the list. They now refer to me as "Chester the Molester". Neither one of the users know my real name or even what city I live in. What they are posting is a straight out lie. I do however know what their real names and addresses are. I have tried contacting and reporting them to the internet service that maintains the chatroom with no results. I'm hoping somebody can guide me on how to proceed with making this stop. I live in California.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">