• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

megan's law-alabama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

markalot

What is the name of your state? alabama
megan's law section 15-20-26 residence (c) no adult criminal sex offender shall be allowed to establish a residence or any other living accommodation where a minor resides.

subject is registered with police at residence since 2/2001 and living alone. In spring of 2002 meets a female also a registered sex offender living in apt. down the street. She starts a relationship and starts staying with subject after her utilities cut off and evicted from apt. she does not notify her probation officer of police of change of residence. ex husand in ohio has custody of son and daughter. they come to visit grandmother living in another near by county. grandmother lets her bring children to visit with her on off days for 2-3 weeks and on several occasions they spent the night and taken back to grandmother next day.

female was arrested on 7/4/02 and chared with viol. community notification law. charges were latter nolle prossed with conditions & on pmt. of cost.

subject was indicted on felony class c charges for viol. community notification law. da says he violated the act for "other living accommodations" because they spent the nite two times.

question is how can da office pick part of a sentence to prosecute
when he had established residence alone over a year ago and children were living in another state and staying with grandmother. megans law states offender has establised residence after 5 consecutive days. da says they are basing living accommodations under alabamas common law residence.

please help this case is comming up for court next month.

M

markalot

i am the sister of the male that was charged with viol. of notification law. but my question is how can he be charged when he established this residence over a year ago. her residence is ohio and she was visiting her mother, who had moved and failed to register as required by law. i have had 26 views but no help. how can da only apply part of the wording in the law and not the entire context of the sentence and charge him they are trying to charge him with a felony and dropped the charges on the mother who was guilty without a doubt.

M

markalot

this legal help site appears to be useless. just other people looking at other peoples legal problems and no help from anybody that knows anything about the law.

stephenk

also could be no one really wants to help a child molester who shacked up with another molester who allows her children to be available to your brother. Let him take his lumps. He knows he wasnt supposed to be around this woman, right? She is an ex-felon. Isnt your brother also required to not associate with other felons?

I wont lose any sleep tonight worrying about your brother.

M

markalot

stephken you are a narrow minded bigot a-hole who doesent know a thing about the prior situtaiton or the present one. i m sure you wont lose any sleep because you probably think like most prejudiced bigots . there's a lot of innocent people convicted because of people like you and blood thirsty d.a.s who want to make a name for themselves. accusing someone of sexual abuse is like a modern day witch hunt if you want to get them its your word against theirs. and there are a lot of kids out there who know too much and are evil.

p.s.evidentially you are too stupid to be answering any legal questions so why dont you get lost a-hole.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Actually, Stephen is a "broad-minded" person who's obstinately and, sometimes, intolerantly devoted to his own opinions and prejudices.

And, quite frankly, I join him. Your brother is scum.

IAAL

M

markalot

this site is bull. i asked for a legal opinion on a law not your bigoted comments on something you know nothing about. i urge anyone who looks at this site to be very leery about the advise they are getting here.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

markalot said:

"i urge anyone who looks at this site to be very leery about the advise they are getting here."

=================================

My response:

Yes. Child molesters and their families SHOULD be leery about coming here. We'll rip you a new one if you do - - every time.

And sisters of child molesters are full of bull too!

IAAL

stephenk

i bet if your brother was more leery about leering at little kids he wouldnt be registered sex offender.

stephenk

" and there are a lot of kids out there who know too much and are evil."

I think that about sums up your position on child abuse, right?

M

markalot

well you just keep ripping a new one as you quoted to me. because you are the ones screwing people with your replys, which proves you to be a bigot who knows nothing about helping with a legal question. because you have still not answered the question you were asked to answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">