• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military in Lieu Of Jail time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonL627

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
My boyfriend violated his probation(I believe it was for a misdemeanor) 6yrs ago and would have had to serve 3 months in jail but we ended up moving out of the area, he now would like to enlist in the Armed Services, something he's wanted to do since he was 17 but did not have he GED then. We are wondering if there is something that can be done to ensure that he could enlist without serving his jail time. He has not been in any trouble with the law in the past 6yrs and really thinks the service would be a great option. Any advice would be appreciated.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
He needs to contact his ex-PO and let him know he wants to join the military. The PO will arrange a meeting to get all the details sorted out.

Banned_Princess

Your boyfriend is not going to be able to enlist while under a warrant, and if he doesn't do his tiny 28 days, he cant be in the army.

Jail should be a breeze for him, and probably he wont want to enlist after hes in the clear.

Like Zinger said, some departments wont even concider him with this even on his record.

SharonL627

He is going to talk to a recruiter, but we were looking for advice before he did... apparently you have nothing other to do then knock people for asking questions... I thought this website was for legal advice...not for retards with nothing else to do then wait to answer serious questions with pointless blather... HIS life and HIS plans are also MY life and MY plans therefore because he WORKING... doing something with his life other than insulting other people, I decided to try and get some input on the subject. The Military would be lucky to have someone like him defending YOUR xxx and this country, just because he got into a small amount of trouble years ago does not give you any right to judge him...

Last edited by a moderator:

Banned_Princess

He is going to talk to a recruiter, but we were looking for advice before he did... apparently you have nothing other to do then knock people for asking questions... I thought this website was for legal advice...not for retards with nothing else to do then wait to answer serious questions with pointless blather... HIS life and HIS plans are also MY life and MY plans therefore because he WORKING... doing something with his life other than insulting other people, I decided to try and get some input on the subject. The Military would be lucky to have someone like him defending YOUR xxx this country, just because he got into a small amount of trouble years ago does not give you any right to judge him...
you need to just settle down there young bed warmer.

he has to do his jail time, and thats it. how many other convicts do you know of got out of going to jail by joining the army? none. because its not done.

Silverplum

He is going to talk to a recruiter, but we were looking for advice before he did... apparently you have nothing other to do then knock people for asking questions... I thought this website was for legal advice...not for retards with nothing else to do then wait to answer serious questions with pointless blather... HIS life and HIS plans are also MY life and MY plans therefore because he WORKING... doing something with his life other than insulting other people, I decided to try and get some input on the subject. The Military would be lucky to have someone like him defending YOURxxx and this country, just because he got into a small amount of trouble years ago does not give you any right to judge him...

You go girl. Take care of your may-un. Be sure to go with him to the recruiters, and you tell them how lucky they are to have your may-un join up.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The military would not be lucky to have someone who runs away from his responsibilities instead of standing up to them like a man. That's one of many reasons why he will not be successfully recruited with this PV hanging over his head. He certainly is not going to have it dismissed because he wants to enlist.
One should not ignore FOUR roll-eye emoticons in a post ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">