• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

military runaway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

silvanog33440

What is the name of your state? Florida
I joined the navy and everything was going good. I was happy I met a girl and fell in love with her. A few months went by and we found out we were getting stationed in different states. We tried everything to get stationed together but no luck. We found out that we had to wait at least about three and a half years to get back together. So we decided to just leave. I am happy but want to know if I would be able to go back and get discharged and would a lawyer help? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

so tell me did you both go AWOL? if you were serious you should of tied the not at that time. you would have had a better chance. How long has it been? probably brigg time and a dishonorable discharge, that means you willnot be able to get a decent job. It has been a long time but what i remember of the UCMJ and what happend to people I know it wasn't fun. good luck and you will need a lawyer

S

silvanog33440

We both went awol and we did get married but it didn't help because we were both first termers and they only colocate after your second enlistment. Thanks for your response. Any more would be greatly apreciated.

Last edited:
N

nokomera1

hey man the only time you might see is 25 days in the brig, but you will not get an dishonarable discharge, you might have to stay in for a little while lob=nger but hey if you get kicked out you can still get a good job don't worry iv'e seen it all and been through it all.

S

silvanog33440

Thanks for the reply, that is a relief on my behalf. Again thanks for the info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">