• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military vs. Civilian Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Alan Stancik

About 10 years ago, I plead guilty at a Special Courts-Martial to Disobeying a Direct Order and was sentenced to six months confinement (suspended). My question is this, how does this translate into civilian courts? I know that felonies and misdemeanors come in certain classifications (A,B,C,etc...) and I am wondering how my crime fits. Thank you in advance for your help.

ALawyer

Call the local Army base and ask to speak to the JAG officer, but typically a conviction on a matter where the punishment is less than 1 year is a misdeameanor or violation. It may be you can even get the conviction expunged.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">