• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

poopson

What is the name of your state? TX.
MY 16 yr. old son was in town one night, one of his friends had been road hunting deer , my son was not with the boy when he was shooting these deer. but the boy took my son and another boy and showed them where he shot the deer in all (7) . well you know the game warden was called and he was onit the next day.
the boy that went back with the shooter and my son called the warden himself and gave him a statement . the warden stops my son and questions him. after i was told what had taken place i called the warden and asked him to please not involve my son in this because it would only cause problems ,and he had a statement from the other boy . the warden told me he would not question my son anymore. i told him if he did i wanted to be present ,he asured me he wouldnt. well a week later the wardens step-son a county deputy stopped my son a mile or so from my house and detained him for 1 hour untill the warden arrived and the warden got my son in his truck and questioned him for 1hr. i called the wardens boss and told him what was going on and thats when the hell really broke loose,we cant even go fishing without getting harrested by this warden is there any thing legally i can do to stop this? by the way the shooter and my son have gotten into several fights , seems the warden after arresting the shooter while question him left the room for a moment and left his notes open with my sons name at the bottomof the page !!! any help please

racer72

The only thing in your post that is against the law is the poaching of defenseless animals and your son's failure to notify the police and/or game warden of the illegal activity. If your son was not read his Miranda rights prior to questioning the information he gave cannot be used against him in court. But it can and probably will be used against the poacher. What can you do in the future? Make sure your son gives the warden all the information needed to convict the poacher.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">