• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Consumption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stuckinindiana9

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was given a minor consumption ticket and was wondering a few things. I have no chance at fighting it, but I wanted to know the severity of the charge. I got the ticket two weeks before my 21st birthday and I will be 21 during my court date; would this be a big influence on my punishment?

junior champ

I was given a minor consumption ticket and was wondering a few things. I have no chance at fighting it, but I wanted to know the severity of the charge. I got the ticket two weeks before my 21st birthday and I will be 21 during my court date; would this be a big influence on my punishment?
to be perfectly honest, i do not think the age will matter because you were under 21 when the crime was committed so that is how the courts will look at it. sorry though..

Raptoer

As for the severity of the crime, It is a class B misdemeanor in Indiana.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar50/ch3.html
Class B misdemeanor
Sec. 3. A person who commits a Class B misdemeanor shall be imprisoned for a fixed term of not more than one hundred eighty (180) days; in addition, he may be fined not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

I do not, however, know how your age will play into it. I doubt you will get jail time.

Indiana Filer

I would bet that you get offered Pretrial Diversion. You would in my Indiana county, if this is a first offense, and would have to do community service and pay fees.

--Indiana Probation Officer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">