• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmutch

San Diego, Ca-

I was ticketed last night for a minor in consumption and a minor in possession of alcohol. I am 19 years old and this is a first time offense of anything. Both were cited as infractions and not misdemeanors. What are the possible consequences for this and should I find legal representation for this case?

CdwJava

San Diego, Ca-

I was ticketed last night for a minor in consumption and a minor in possession of alcohol. I am 19 years old and this is a first time offense of anything. Both were cited as infractions and not misdemeanors. What are the possible consequences for this and should I find legal representation for this case?
What code sections were indicated on the citation?

CdwJava

You could face a fine of up to $250 (plus fees and assessments) and 24-32 hours of community service for the first, and a fine of up to $250 for the latter muni code violation.

Yes, you can seek your own legal representation, but an attorney will likely cost far more than the fines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">