• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in Possession of Alcohol - Iowa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisb23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa - Minor in Possession of Alcohol

I am a 20 year old college student. I have no previous criminal history. I have received two traffic tickets within the last year. I received a minor in possession of alcohol in Black Hawk County, Iowa. I was holding a beer when the police officer came up to me, so I really don't have a case to fight it. I was wondering if I should just pay the fine or go to court. I can not afford a private attorney. I was wondering if there is a diversion program for this in Iowa. I am also curious if it will affect my college scholarships and/or driver's license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">