• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Tattoo's Minor / No consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madpugz

Occurred in Rhode Island.

It was just brought to my attention my 14 yr old son had gotten 3 tattoos from a 16 yr old , im very concerned about the well being of my son and if there is any other kids that have got them as well i notified the Tiverton Police and the dss office as well this is a serious matter and i dont know what to do next the police never got back to me.IM worried about infection from dirty needles and so on . Should i go after the parents of this 16 yr old im unsure !

Antigone*

It was just brought to my attention my 14 yr old son had gotten 3 tattoos from a 16 yr old , im very concerned about the well being of my son and if there is any other kids that have got them as well i notified the Tiverton Police and the dss office as well this is a serious matter and i dont know what to do next the police never got back to me.IM worried about infection from dirty needles and so on . Should i go after the parents of this 16 yr old im unsure !
Have you tried to talk to his parents?

Proserpina

I would speak with an attorney immediately, and speak again with the local police.

Ask them whether this constitutes battery.

tranquility

Since consent isn't a contract which requires majority to be valid and tattoos tend to hurt enough to be unpleasant and take a while, if there is a battery, there is a kidnapping or false imprisonment as well.

Proseguru

Likely needs to have a license to tattoo (because of health concerns) .. follow this avenue v. cops (criminal avenue).

Do you have a health dept. agency or something that regulates tattoo parlors? Who knows how many tats this kid is giving, he may need a license?

Not an expert on this subject but just pointing out one to explore...maybe others will post their knowledge..

tranquility

The cops have already been notified. The OP's question seems to come from the fact they don't seem to care all that much. That's why the question regarding going after the parents.

Just Blue

Go to the police Dept. Sit down with an Officer and file a criminal complaint.

dave33

I believe you have skipped over the most important and in my opinion the only relevant issue. That issue is your son is the ONLY one that should be in trouble here.

You are wondering what to do next... Well, here's my suggestion, punish your son!

You have contacted the authorities. Legally, you are responsible for your son. This could turn into a neglect issue or one of many things where you find yourself in trouble. I believe you know who's to blame, punish that person. As far as going after someone else's parents, that seems like you are looking for someone else to blame for your son's actions.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

If you are worried about infection, have you taken your child to the doctor to be looked at? Have you grounded him? Nothing else but going to the doctor is going to relieve your concern about infection.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">