• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A minor took another minor's car and drove it away without permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rubberduckythug

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

At a school sponsored dance a girl arrived drunk and was sitting down at a table when she threw up and was taken into the bathroom, at that time her date took her keys and LEFT the dance driving her car, with out permission. At that point the adminstrators were called in for the girl and they called the rescue squad to get her and she just ended up getting her stomach pumped at the hospital. Now in the mean time people are trying to find the boy (who also happens to be the principal's son) and where her car went and they were told the car was now in front of the girl's house with the keys now inside of it.

My question is, is there anything that can be done to the boy who took her car? It wasn't as if he was trying to stop her from driving it, he left to stay out of trouble and took her car without permission from her or her parents.

justalayman

=rubberduckythug;1491095]
My question is, is there anything that can be done to the boy who took her car?
Absolutely but the bigger problem is will the DA consider filing any charges against the kid. Call the DA and ask them to file charges if you want. (presuming it is your car) Theft and/or conversion come to mind.

Shay-Pari'e

So the car,with it's keys is in the driveway of the owner.

Hmmm, NOPE! You got nothing. Who's to say he didn't safely drive her car home for her after her being taken to the hospital?

Shay-Pari'e

Absolutely but the bigger problem is will the DA consider filing any charges against the kid. Call the DA and ask them to file charges if you want. (presuming it is your car) Theft and/or conversion come to mind.
Read my response JLM, and you will get a different perspective.;)

rubberduckythug

no it's not my own car. it's my friend's car.

and he didn't drive her car after he learned she went to the hospital. He left as we were taking the girl into the bathroom. His father (the principal of the school) was looking for him before ANY police contact was made.

His father was fuming mad and he couldn't have gone STRAIGHT to the girl's house because it was atleast 45 minutes to an hour before we were told her car was finally at her house and she lives about 5 minutes from the school.

edit: the car was not in her driveway either. it was down the street not in front of the minor's house... don't know if that matters but the driveway was pointed out so i had to clarify it wasn't there.

also there was other people's possesions in the car (only worth about $500 total but still... just posting anything that might make a difference)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">