• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP In CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brittany516

What is the name of your state? California

I just got an Minor In Possession, B&P 25662. On the citation, it says that this is an infraction, but I heard that it is a misdemeanor. Can the judge change it back to a misdemeanor? Also, the citing officer never had me sign the citation, is it still legal? Or can I contest?

Thanks!

snostar

25662 B&P - MINOR IN POSSESSION OF ALCOHOL (MIP)

DEFINITION:
Any person under the age of 21 years who has any alcoholic beverage in his or her possession on any street or highway or in any public place or in any place open to the public is guilty of a misdemeanor.

PENALTY:
A person convicted of a "Minor in Possession" includes a mandatory court appearance, as well as a mandatory suspension of your drivers license for a year, up to $675 in fines, or proof of completion of the Youth Offender Program.

Yes, it is still legal. Yes, you can contest it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">