• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP charge.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cinyrus

I'm in Georgia.

I foolishly decided to drive intoxicated last night. I blew a .06, but was very cooperative and the officer gave me a break and didn't haul my ass to jail, which I am eternally grateful for. However, the officer wrote me up with a code 3-3-23(a)(2). From what little information I was able to gather, it looks like the officer graciously wrote me up with an MIP as opposed to a DUI, which I think is 40-6-391 here in Georgia. Does anyone know enough about this to determine if I could possibly be charged with DUI instead of MIP? Also, does anyone have any information regarding the validity of some type of diversion program that could lessen my sentence or help my standings in court? I read about it, but I'm not sure if it's true. And finally, what do you guys think the chances are of my license getting suspended? This is my first offense of any sort, and I'm hoping thd judge will take pity on a poor college student and only suspend it for a month or something. I guess that's a little too optimistic to hope for. Any advice would be appreciated.

pucker

I had a friend get a mip in missouri, so i don't know if this will help you or not. He got a lawyer and his lawyer had him do community service and attend aa classes, before he had his court hearing. Since he did this the judge was easier on him and didn't suspend his license and he ended up with probation for 2 years, but he was told in that 2 years if he go to any trouble he would have his license suspended. I would definetly contact a lawyer and see what they say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">