• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP Diversion Program violation/ Probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imintrouble7

Towards the end of june, I recieved a Minor in Possesion of alcohol. I was 17 at the time but now i am 18. In michigan, if it is the first time dealing with the law, they offer a MIP diversion program. This includes 90 days of probation, random drug tests and a MIP diversion class. i completed it all, and on the 90th day went to report for my final time, or so i thought. my probation officer then informed me on my last drug test my urine was diluted so she set up an appointment to drug test the next morning. i didn't show up. i know this is a probation violation and i'm wondering what the consequences that i will most likely face are. i am not here to hear, "you could face jail time and get your license suspended" (unless you actually think that's going to happen). i know that. i just want to know, from either personal or proffesional opinions, what i will MOST LIKELY have to face. I am supposed to leave for the marines in january and i cannot leave if i'm on probation still. i'm hoping my PO will take this into consideration but she's a not very nice and is pretty tough. i'm usually looked at as a good kid, 2 jobs, took criminal justice classes, enlisted in the marines. tell me what you think. fines? extended probation? counseling? merely a re-test?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">