• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP in Kansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Snickers104

I live in Kansas and my son who is 18 years old just got an MIP. He was out with his girlfriend and her parents at a rodeo and her parents bought him one beer while they were eating dinner. The undercover police saw him drinking the beer and gave him the citation. Can anybody tell me if this is something I can fight due to the circumstances or is the law cut and dried in these situations. By the way my son has never been in ANY trouble with the law, he is an Eagle Scout, Captian of his high school sports teams, and a mentor to younger kids through Youth Friends.

worrisomewife

Chances are that if your son is an upstanding citizen, the judge will give him probation, community service, or make him take a class or two. Most likely he will get a fine and walk away with nothing else.

It is not worth it to fight a MIP. It's right up there with disorderly conduct, public intoxication, and driving wrecklessly... You can't disprove it, and it would be your word against an officers, and it wouldn't work in your favor. I suggest your son just 'fess up, admit he did wrong, and the judge will be lenient.

Worrisome

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">