• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP in mi - help or advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevie555

Im 19 yearsold and live in Michigan, and last night I was at a party, the police showed up, and I got a charge for Minor In Possesion of Alcohol.

When I was 16 or 17, I had a similiar charge for a Minor In Possesion of Alcohol, however the court told me if I took classes (called Project REHAB) it would not appear on my record. I believe the term is juvinile adjudication.

A friend told me to tell the judge this is my first offense because they will not count my juvenile one, is this true?

I have not gone to court yet, but i am extremely nervous about the future impact this is going to have on my record. I have been blessed with a high level of intellegence and I have a lot of potential, but with this on my record, I am worried about how it will affect future career and education opportunities. Can anyone tell me the long term consequences of having a misdemeanor MIP charge on your adult record?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">