• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdeamenor Son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

susanreece

What is the name of your state?
Minnesota
My question is that my son who is 21 years old was caught at his old work stealing two packs of cigarettes. The police were called and they gave him a ticket to appear in court which he did. The judge charged him with a fealony misdemeanor. Now he is trying to get a job and it seams he is having difficulity getting one. What is exactly a fealony misdemeanor. This sounds like he is a bad criminal, which he is not? Is this the reason he is not getting a job or an interview. Would'nt this just be a misdemeanor. He only had to pay a fine and court costs, with probation for a year. Can you help answer my questions.

There is no such thing as a felony misdemeanor. A crime is either a felony (which carries harsher penalties) OR a misdemeanor. It cannot be both.

It's likely that his former employer is giving him a bad reference, and rightly so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">