• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor: leaving scene of property damage auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scsurg

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I rear-ended another driver recently and the other driver reacted aggressively and began taunting me. It was around 2 a.m., I was alone, did not have my cell phone and panicked. Being too afraid to pull over in the middle of the interstate not knowing what the other driver's actions might be, I attempted to flee from the other driver in my vehicle. He pursued me and we both stopped when police converged upon us. I was cited for "leaving the scene of a property damage accident," TCA 55-10-102. I have a court date upcoming. I have no previous arrests, convictions or criminal record of any sort. The damage claim to the other driver's vehicle has been settled. There were no injuries.

Q: How concerned should I be about the court hearing?
Q: What is the maximum penalty I'm faced with?
Q: Should I have an attorney represent me?

Last edited:

A

advicesucks

sounds reasonable, tell your side to the judge. you certainly shoule consider using an atty

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">