• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

misdemeanor questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucs1055

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My boyfriend was charged with 2 misdemeanors. "Giving false information to a police officer" and "thrownig burning material from a vehicle". This happened in 2001 and my boyfriend never took care of it, we just found out 2 days ago that he had 2 warrents which they "OR'ed" when he made a court date for tomorrow. He has one previous Class B or A misdemeanor on his record. my first question is:
What is the court appearence for tomorrow?
Will he be arrested when he goes to court tomorrow?
What is the likely possibilities for sentencing?
If anyone can Please respond right away, Please do. My boyfriend is extremely upset and scared.
Thanks so much

worrisomewife

He will make a plea, and if it is not guilty, there will be a trial date set. If he pleads guilty, he will make it easier on himself. Whatever the judge gives him as punishment, he will start almost immediately. If he gets a jail sentence, it could be suspended (meaning he doesn't have to do it unless he gets in trouble again), he may be taken away then, or they may have him turn himself in at the jail within a given amount of time. He may get fines, community service, or any other array of punishments...

Any way that this goes, he needs to keep in mind that giving false ID never sits over well with judges... He may not want to piss the judge off any more than he already has.

Worrisome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">