• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

misdemeanor in tx

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cidercult

What is the name of your state?I'm residing in Texas, where I received a citation for a misdemeanor. I have no prior infractions of any sort.
I'm wondering what my options are in handling the matter. Is there anything that looks better than something else, as far as paying the fine, probation, etc?
Also, I'm aware that if the officer spelled my name wrong, the ticket could be dismissed. He spelled it correctly, however, but under race he put 'W'. I'm assuming the 'W' stands for white/caucasian, but I'm not. Does this have any significance? Does it matter if this information isn't accurate?

Thanks for your time and help!

I

igmo1985

No, sorry. Usually when they indicate "W" it does mean "white", but they only have to generalize between blacks and whites, your right about the ticket with the name, but not your ethinicity. (been down that road before, live in tx myself)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">