• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missouri probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trig_grl

What is the name of your state? st louis mo
i have relocated to phoenix az. i was on probation in mo for 3 counts of forgery. its been almost a year since ive been in az.
my friend is a law student here in az and she tell's me i have nothing to worry about because az is a non extraditable state.
rather they would not arrest me here for violating probation in mo.
is this true?

JETX

"is this true?"
No. You can be detained on any outstanding warrant.... even a valid international one. If it were, all the criminals in the US would move to AZ.

stephenk

that is why your friend is a law student and not a lawyer.

if you get pulled over in Arizona or come in contact with the police where they run a check on your status and if Missouri has put a warrant out for your arrest (you have been gone for a year), the local police will arrest you and hold you until Missouri confirms they dont want to extradite you.

The next time you come in contact with the Arizona police, the situation will repeat itself.

This will keep happening until you take care of your Missouri probation.

H

hexeliebe

Tell your friend

you've just learned the most valuable lesson of your life, advice is worth as much as you paid for it.

As you said, she is a student. I hope she reads and learns from these posts. A warrant issued by any court in the U.S. and/or its territories, and any country with reciprical jurisdiction agreements with the U.S. is valid in any state and can be exercised by any law enforcement officer or other officer of the court with such power.

In other words, contact your probation officer NOW....you could very well have escalated your case from probation to a felony by moving. But how hardassed they want to be will depend on how forthright you are to resolving the issues.

You might even get the court to move your probation to AZ if you stop taking advice from students and listen to the attorneys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">