• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misuse of ID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rkg56

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

My daughter may have let an underage friend use her old licence toget into a bar. Her friend was caught, and both my daughter and her friend were summoned to courst for misuse of identification. I want her to be honest and do the right thing. Should she get a lawyer? She has a public position, and I worry that this could also cause her dismissal from her position... What will her best course of action to do the right thing yet minimize the extent of her consequences? Thanks...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

My daughter may have let an underage friend use her old licence toget into a bar. Her friend was caught, and both my daughter and her friend were summoned to courst for misuse of identification. I want her to be honest and do the right thing. Should she get a lawyer? She has a public position, and I worry that this could also cause her dismissal from her position... What will her best course of action to do the right thing yet minimize the extent of her consequences? Thanks...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Yes, she should get a lawyer. You also might want to think about letter her grow up and accept the consequences of her own criminal acts.

rkg56

I agree

I agree that she needs to be responsible for her actions. As her father, I want to be sure to give her appropriate advice as to how she should proceed. Once a parent, always a parent; there is no statute of limitations. As I said, I want her to do the right thing and admit her mistake.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I agree that she needs to be responsible for her actions. As her father, I want to be sure to give her appropriate advice as to how she should proceed. Once a parent, always a parent; there is no statute of limitations. As I said, I want her to do the right thing and admit her mistake.
Excellent. Recommend an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">