• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misuse of Intimate Photos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cutiek

What is the name of your state? New York
HELP!! I took some intimate pictures with an old co-worker I was dating months ago. I was intoxicated at the time and he convinced me to take the photos of me to test his new digital camera. He said that he would delete them after he has seen them. I asked him to swear that he will delete these pictures since I absolutely did not want anyone else seeing them. He of course agreed and said that they were only for his eyes. Since then, I found out that he still had the photos. I tried deleting them from his computer and was successful until I found out he posted them on a server for storage! He then promised that the pictures were gone, on several occasions, and told me that I shouldn't worry. Months have passed by and I have tried to break up with him. He has been harassing me for months now and has threatened to show these pictures to my family and coworkers. He calls or emails me daily and threatened to show these pictures. He also told me they are saved in several servers. I have several emails and tape recordings of him agreeing that he has gotten rid of the pictures and that no one else will see them. Is there anything I can do to get these pictures back? Can he be arrested to posting these pictures of me without my permission? I also found out he showed some of them to several coworkers. I feel helpless and would like to take some action on this jerk.

stephenk

consult with an attorney. you may be able to get an order to have the photos destroyed. since they are digital your attorney would request deletion of all stored images from the camera, computer and the servers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">