• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Miw?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Julia311

What is the name of your state? Indiana

What is a Mental Inquest Warrant? Is there a site where I can find out about this kind of warrant? Who can take out a mental inquest warrant on whom, and for what reasons? I've racked my brain looking for sites that may provide info...but no luck.

VG1013

Julia311 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

What is a Mental Inquest Warrant? Is there a site where I can find out about this kind of warrant? Who can take out a mental inquest warrant on whom, and for what reasons? I've racked my brain looking for sites that may provide info...but no luck.
~~~A Mental Inquest Warrant is where law enforcement serve a mentally ill person commitment papers. They take that person to a penal mental hospital or institution. This may require a photo ID. This kind of warrant is an involuntary commitment. The family can take out a "Mental Inquest Warrant" on their family member, spouse or relative. I'm not too sure about someone not blood related? Criteria for obtaining a mental inquest warrant includes 1) mental illness or mental retardation, 2) an immediate threat of danger to oneself or others, 3) hospitalization is least restrictive environment, 4) hospitalization is beneficial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">