• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hatfield

:eek: Hi, We live in Calfornia. I have written about my husband being assaulted by our neighbor. We are beginning litigation on this lawsuit now. The neighbor shows 100% responsibility for his actions. I have two questions.
1. Our attorney thinks we should settle out of court. He wants to go in and ask for $10,000. On the surface this might sound fine, however, my husband was badly injured. He will most likely have to quit working because of his injuries. We even owe more than $10,000. in expenses. How can I find out if this amount is fair. Neither my husband nor myself feel that it is.
2. The witness to this assault is making herself hard to find for some reason. She has, given her statement to the police. If she can't be served, can we use her statement to the police?

I hope someone is able to help. We have no idea what to do. Thank you!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">