• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money laundering... please explain!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4mysluv

What is the name of your state? VA
I have 3 other post out there also (business and financial law and real estate). My exboyfriend was imprisioned for 5 yrs(about 6 yrs ago) for money laundering. I know he is currently doing the same thing. I don't know how to prove it! I know he is obtaining his money from the sell of drugs. I'm just not sure how he is covering it up? He is an independent car dealer. He also claims to be part owner of another used car business. He basically gives money to the owners of these businesses to use them as his front. He did obtain an legal independent car dealers license, but the money used to buy cars etc... is drug money. He filed taxes listing income as $16,000 a year, (not true). He just purchased a new home... in someone else name. Has a new suv, jewels, nice furnishings, takes expensive trips... etc. I am inquiring about this because we are going to court for a child support case. We went to mediation and he told the mediator he made $2000 a month and the mediator advised he would pay $300 a month in child support. When the mediator left the room he said I'd like to see you prove that I make more than that.

4mysluv

yes i have. I am concerned for the safety of child (and myself). What ever effects him also effects the people he deals with and they have no ties to me and could care less about hurting either of us.

4mysluv

i have been contacted about giving information... but again i am afraid. This man is very vendictive.

JETX

Regretably, you are in a true 'catch-22' situation.

You want to increase your child support based on his illegal income, but are afraid to do so due to retribution (and that the income would disappear).

Simply, you are going to have to make a decision on what is best for you and your child. Personally, I would think that would be to get completely away from the situation.... and that can best be resolved by turning the SOB in. Contact your local police department, the IRS (tax fraud) and, if large enough, DEA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">